Citrus Ricotta Waffle or Pancake Recipe
The Perfect Sunday Breakfast
Pop over to Northcote Central, where you will find all the ingredients you need for the perfect Sunday breakfast, citrus ricotta waffles. If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can always make fluffy pancake instead.
Waffle / Pancake Recipe
2 cups of all purpose flour
(gluten free option, oat flour)
1 tsp of salt
4 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of white sugar
1/3 melted butter
(unsweetened apple sauce or olive oil butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups warm milk
(soy, rice, almond milk)
- Mix all the dry and wet ingredients into two seperate bowls.
- Then combine the two together and mix until all lumps have disappeared and the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into a waffle maker or non stick pan.
- Cook until golden brown on either side.
Citrus Ricotta Filling
1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
1 tsp powdered sugar
2/4 lemon juice
2/4 orange juice
zest of lemon
zest of orange
- Add all ingredients into bowl or mixer and stir until combined.
- Add some orange and lemon juice into the ricotta filling.
- Fill waffle/ pancake layers with the ricotta filling with a piping bag or a spoon, or present it on the side of the plate.
- Zest a lemon on top and add a slice for extra garnish.
- Dust the waffle / pancake over with some icing sugar.
- Or add slices of some of your favourite fruit for natural sweetness